The International Committee for Study of Bauxite, Alumina & Aluminium (ICSOBA) is an independent non-profit association that unites industry professionals representing major bauxite, alumina and aluminium producing companies, technology suppliers, researchers and consultants from around the world.
ICSOBA was formed in 1963 in Zagreb (Yugoslavia), and in the past half century it has become a well recognized and truly international organization. The main objective of ICSOBA is to promote the exchange of ideas and results of the work from different fields of research related to bauxite exploration and mining, and alumina and aluminium production.
Since 1963 some 36 ICSOBA events – symposia, congresses and seminars – were organized in different parts of the world and proceedings were published as printed TRAVAUX volumes until 2010, and as electronic files thereafter. The ICSOBA Annual Event is the Technology Conference of the Aluminium Companies, for the Aluminium Companies.
The event :
1. Guarantees high standard of presentations and proceedings
2. Is business driven (plenary session, exhibition)
3. Technology conference down to earth, close to the business, practical
4. Connected to universities as well as to suppliers
5. Entirely international and travelling to members where the action is
6. Belongs to members
7. Provides unique forum for discussions and exchange of ideas
8. Offers highly valuable plant visits