CRU’s World Aluminium Conference 2017 — May 3, 2017 to May 5, 2017 — London, UK
The CRU World Aluminium Conference focuses on the outlook for markets, prices and premiums. When the 2017 conference focusses on the issue of sustainability in the aluminium sector, it will focus on how environmental and economic strategies interact, the disruptive potential of these interactions and who the winners and losers will be.
In spite of excellent demand fundamentals recent years have been characterised by low prices and massive changes to the supply side of the industry. There have been a variety reasons behind this. Market reforms, regulatory regimes and a huge expansion of the Chinese aluminium sector have been chief amongst them. This gruelling environment has brought the issue of sustainability to the fore. The sustainability of the current status quo and how sustainability as environmental concept can be used create differentiation and growth.
Question that will be asked at CRU World Aluminium 2017:
1) Can large markets in low carbon and high recycled material content be created beyond castings and cans? Would a premium for green aluminium be achievable or does the benefit lie in market creation?
2) How susceptible is China’s primary aluminium industry expansion to higher thermal coal prices and environmental pressures and commitments?
3) Is China on a path to rolled products dominance? What strategies are they adopting to win over consumers and what strategies should be used to protect market share?
4) How significant a role will trade defence measure in semi-finished products play in the coming years and can trade defence actually harm demand?
5) How will Industry 4.0 and the Internet of things drive efficiency and create new opportunities for aluminium?
6) Can the US cope with being the largest importer of aluminium in the world – where next for the Mid-West premium?
These and many other related issues will significantly influence the future of the aluminium market and the strategies of the companies that operate within it. Attend CRU’s World Aluminium Conference 2017 to be part of that debate.
Aluminum Association members can receive a 10% discount on registration with the code TAA10 at checkout.